Solar Water Heater Rebate Program
In an effort to reduce demands on conventional fossil fuel based energy sources the City of Sunset Valley is offering a solar water heater rebate to homeowners.
Sunset Valley’s conservation program can be used in addition to the rebate offered by Austin Energy. Austin Energy rebates $1500-2000 for purchase and installation of solar water heaters. Residents should apply for the Austin Energy rebate and receive approval and then apply for the rebate offered by Sunset Valley. Austin Energy representatives will conduct on-site surveys and inspections of the system. Requirements for the Austin Energy rebate can be found at:
http://www.austinenergy.com/Energy Efficiency/Programs/Rebates/solar rebates/Solar Water Heater/index.htm
Sunset Valley’s solar water heater rebate program is offered at 30% the cost purchase and installation up to $2000.00. Rebates will be issued after the system has been installed and inspected.
- Applicant must be a resident of Sunset Valley.
- Visit www.waterrebates.com to complete the online application process. The application is at the bottom of the page.
- Attach itemized receipts and any other documentation needed. You can also attach photos of the receipts or documents.
- Submit the rebate application within 30 days of completing the work.
- Total rebate cannot be more than the cost of the project including anticipated rebates from the City of Austin.
- Purchases and applications must be made within the current fiscal year that runs October 1st through September 30th
Please contact Public Works at (512)891-9103 if you have any questions.