Skip to main content.

Back to Web Site

Sunset Valley
Incorporated in 1954

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get the bulb in a burned-out street light replaced? 

Report malfunctioning City-owned street lights by calling (512) 891-9103 or email  It is helpful if you can provide the street light number which is located on the street side of the pole, printed vertically, at approximately 5 feet from the ground.

Why hasn't the pothole on my street been repaired?

Unfortunately, we do not have the staff power to keep a continual watch on all City streets.  When there is a problem, we appreciate your bringing it to our attention.  Please email or call (512) 891-9103 as soon as possible.

Will you pick up a dead animal in the street or elsewhere?

Public Works will pick up dead animals in the streets.  All dead wild animals need to be reported to the Environmental Services Division, or call (512) 891-9103.

I think there is antifreeze leaking into the storm drain.

All City storm drain pipes feed our creeks and channels - only storm water should enter catch basins.  If you see oil, caustic items, or any other liquids going into a storm drain, please report it by calling the Environmental Services Division at (512) 891-9103.

I want to report a missing street name sign or stop sign.

Email or call (512) 891-9103 to have a work order issued.  If you want to ask for a new sign to be installed or have other traffic control questions, please contact the Director of Public Works at (512) 891-9103.

I have a broken/used appliance/computer/mattress.  How can I get rid of it?

The City will pick up these items during the month of March.  During other times of the year you may take these items to the City Storage Yard behind public works for disposal.

My garbage/recycling pick-up was missed. 

Please contact the Public Works Department at (512) 891-9103.

Who do I call to report a water leak?

The Public Works Department provides water and wastewater services to residents of Sunset Valley.  If you have a concern about a water leak, please call the Sunset Valley customer service line at (512) 891-9103.  Public Works is responsible for repair of leaks on the street side of the meter and the meter itself.  Any pipe repairs on the customer side of the meter are the responsibility of the customer. Emergency water and wastewater leaks can be called into the Police Department at (512) 892-1384.

Who trims a tree limb obstructing a sidewalk, traffic sign, street light, or other public right-of-way?

The Public Works Environmental Services Division is responsible for maintaining City street trees.  Call the Environmental Services Division (512) 891-9103 or send an email to to request this service.  More information is available at

This is the official website of Sunset Valley, TX